Sunday, November 16, 2008

No more tubes 11/15/2008

Bananas are yummy!

Well...almost. Nomio still has one line in her hand for her pain meds, but she is able to sit in Grandma Suren's lap, walk around her room a bit, go potty, and eat regular food. She is still in the PICU, but only because there were no available beds on the other unit. The photo upload doesn't seem to be working right now, but I've got the cutest picture of her eating a banana with her cheeks full of it. Too cute.

I now recognize the Mongolian words for "no" and "let's go." Nomio loves to draw and holds the doodle pen perfectly. I brought her a puzzle and play dough tonight and she told grandma I was very nice. She even gave me a kiss today. Grandma is happy that Nomio and I are friends.

Today, K-Love's encouraging word was from Proverbs 13:12: Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life (NLT). Grandma had told Julie, the interpreter (and so much more!!!) after Nomio's surgery that there are dreams you have in life that never come true, but having Nomio's heart fixed was a dream that did come true. Tonight I was able to share this verse from Proverbs and that Jesus was the one that caused her dream of healing for her granddaughter to be fulfilled.

Julie is a wonderful, young Christian woman. She has been a Christian for 5 years and told me tonight that she reads five Psalms each day. She also reads Proverbs because she was told they were full of wisdom and she wants to be wise. I suggested the book of James as another book about wisdom and she was going to read that tonight.

No comments: