One thing I had planned as a gift to our Mongolian guests was to help them do a scrapbook to take home with them. I bought some extra stickers and some 8 x 8 albums and they all came over on Thursday. Now...you would think that since scrapbooking was all about capturing special moments that I would have gotten my camera...which was sitting on the counter...and snapped a few photos of the event, but you would be wrong. What a duh....moment.
Actually, they only had a couple of hours to work on their books and they went sticker happy while I cut the 8-1/2 x 11 cardstock for them (Hobby Lobby was out of 8 x 8 on the day I went and all mine is 12 x 12). Anyway...they had a lot of fun and will be able to show their family memories of their trip to America as soon as they get home. They all did an awesome job.
I made double of my prints for Suren so that she could take them home. We have been joking about how every where we go....and I mean everywhere...every one's camera comes out and it takes forever to move through places like Sea World or the Riverwalk because someone always wants a picture and if one wants a picture they all want a picture. Well...because of time I could not wait for a Kodak 150 prints for $15 so I went to Costco.com for 13 cents a print. When I uploaded all the pictures just from the time they arrived until last Tuesday I found I had taken 511 pictures!!! So that was 1022 prints!!! Yikes!!
The most special thing about the day was after Suzette's group left. For the first time since they have been here Nomio and Hannah went down for a nap at the same time. Suren left Nomio alone in their room while she napped (which she has never done) and we sat together for 2 and 1/2 hours and scrapped. It was a very special time I will always cherish (even if I don't have pictures to remind me).
No comments:
Post a Comment