Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Second Car Seat

I mentioned in a previous post that we needed a second car seat. We need it because we are blessed to have the opportunity to host a group from Mongolia for six weeks, including a 2 year old girl. This precious girl "Nomio" is coming the to San Antonio for life-saving heart surgery through the work of Samaritan's Purse's Children's Heart Project. Medical teams are sent to countries that don't have the medical training or technology we have in North America to identify children that need life-saving heart surgery. Hospitals and doctors in the US donate their services and churches and families host groups while they are here.

Concordia is hosting two groups this time, a total of 3 children. They arrive on November 10th and should leave on December 18th. Surgery will be either the 13-14th or 17-18th. Nomio will be coming with her grandmother and an interpreter.

So you are probably thinking.....how can I help? Pray. Pray. Pray.
  • for save travel for the group.
  • for Nomio, who will be leaving her mother (I'm told she is afraid of strangers).
  • for Suren, the grandmother, who suffers from motion sickness.
  • that we are all able to shoulder together to show these precious children of God the love of Christ in tangible ways.

If you want to help in a tangible way, there has been a Care Calendar set up to manage specific needs for the group. Click on the link and enter Calendar ID: 7302 and Security Code: LOVE. You can sign up to provide a meal or to come over a visit with the group for while Hannah and I go to MOPS or bible study. I will also need some one to stay with Hannah while I am at the hospital with the group on surgery day, so I'll add that when I know the date. Also, as soon as the Care Calendar is set up for the other group I will add that info to this Care Calendar so you can love on them, too.

PS I was waiting to post all this to see if I could get pictures of the group. I have a picture, but it's embedded in a word document and isn't a regular picture file so my creative ways to try and post it (including taking a picture of the picture) have not been fruitful, so you'll have to wait until they get here to see who you are praying for.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Wow Carrie, This is going to be a lot of work but a huge blessing as well. You have a huge heart and I know this family will be well taken care of and loved in your home. Does that mean we can't have Dinner for Eight at your house???:) ~just kidding!

When are you and Stacy going to go to the movie so I can hang out with Hannah?