Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hannah's Lifebook

This Friday is the 3rd anniversary of Hannah's adoption. I made it a goal to complete a pre-school level lifebook to give her as a gift for her adoption day. She absolutely loves to look at the scrapbook I made of our trip to China, especially the pages of the day we met, so I'm sure she'll like her lifebook.

In case you don't know what a lifebook is, it is a book that tells the story about an adopted child's life before they joined their forever family. Because she is so young, and because I made an "alphabet" book, it this book also includes things about China and Hannah's first day's with her family. Some pages also include pictures of Hannah not related to the topic that are some of my favorite photos of her just because she does love to look at pictures of herself and, in the end, this lifebook is meant to help her be proud of who she is. I also used as much appropriate scripture as possible (faithbooking) so that Hannah knows how much God loves her and will learn to see His hand in making us a forever family.

Eventually, I will make a book that deals with the really tough issues like China's "one child" policy and abandonment, etc., but for now this book is just to familiarize Hannah with adoption language and to be a jumping off point for questions she may have as she gets older. It's tough as a mother to know that she will have more questions than I have answers, but the best I can do is to be open and prepared to answer her questions the best that I can. I'm hoping this lifebook will help.






























No comments: