Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Disney--Day 2


We started off the day bright and early with a 7am character breakfast at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort. Hannah had a blast with all the music and dancing and meeting her favorite characters. Then we went off to Animal Kingdom were we saw fabulous shows starring Nemo and Simba and took a safari adventure. Then us big kids climbed Mount Everest in Disney's newest ride (hum....attraction....Disney doesn't have rides it has attractions).

In the afternoon we went back to our rooms at the All Star Movies resort (Mighty Ducks section) and took a nap. In the evening we headed to Hollywood Studios (no more MGM). We saw Ariel and the Muppets and rode Rock and Roll Roller coaster. One advantage of having three adults is no one rides alone. Disney allows groups with children that can't/won't ride the bigger attractions to get a rider swap ticket. So Toby and Stacy would go on a ride while Hannah and I did something else and when they got off Stacy and I would go on that ride with our rider swap ticket. So....with four people, we could get two fast passes for two different rides, use the rider swap ticket each time and accomplish a lot of rides without too much waiting.

I should mention the weather. You may have noticed in some of the pictures that we are bundled up. I had bought Hannah shorts and me some sandals thinking we are going to Florida. Luckily, I checked the weather before I finished packing. It didn't get out of the fifties the first 3 days we were there and the first couple of days were very windy.



No comments: