Hannah had been asking for a hair cut for weeks. She received a doctor kit with a pair of play scissors for her birthday and was always pretending to cut her hair or my hair. Hence, I have been reluctant to let her touch real scissors very often and only under strict supervision. My sister Tracy is trained in such matters and has kept Hannah's bangs out of her eyes for the last 2 1/2 years (and mine) so I met them at my parent's house where Hannah had spent the night (we figured 4 1/2 hours in an airport had been enough, so she didn't go with us for the final goodbye). When I got there Hannah was very excited and said she wanted her hair cut to her shoulders just like Mommy. So that's what she got.
I was very hesitant to cut her hair as it has become such a part of her. But, it was very long (down to her bottom when wet) and so fine that she was getting horrible tangles every day and she had had enough. Her hair does look nice....more body now that it's shorter and she loves it. But, she does look older now and that makes me a bit sad.
1 comment:
A prima donna in training! She is so adorable.
Post a Comment